Facebook has a little known tool that allows you to track how your website is shared / mentioned on Facebook. It's called Facebook Insights.
We now support Facebook Insights, so you can better monitor your social media marketing efforts.
The Facebook interface is not very intuitive for the setup, so here is the detail of what you need to do if you want to take this into use:
- Log-in to your Facebook account and go to www.facebook.com/insights
- Click on "Insights for your website"
- Enter your website URL (eg. www.alexsmith.com or alexsmith.photodeck.com) and choose whether you want to link the Insights to your personal Facebook account, or to your Facebook page if you have one. Copy the piece of code provided, and extract the "content" number. DO NOT CLICK ON 'GET INSIGHTS' YET
- In a new window, log-in to PhotoDeck, and go to My Website / General Settings / Tracking
- Under the Facebook Insight options, pick the proper Meta Property, and copy the content number to the Content field. Copy only the number, not the whole piece of code!
- Wait a few minutes so that the changes are propagated to your website. We like coffee.
- Go back to the Facebook window, and click on "Get Insights"
- Refresh the Facebook Insight page -> you should now see your website listed there.
- Like PhotoDeck on Facebook - not compulsory but recommended ;)