It took us some time (we hate mediocre solutions), but today, we finally deployed full support for Shipping and Handling costs on your e-commerce website.
There are many ways Shipping and Handling can be computed: based on items prices (baaaad), based on their weight (too complex to setup), based on presets (better), ...
As usually, we finally went for a solution that was more complex to build, but that is in our mind the best compromise of power, flexibility, and simplicity:
- You can align your S&H costs relatively closely to real costs, following a similar tier-based approach as most Shipping carriers ;
- You can offer multiple shipping options to your clients, independently priced ;
- You can limit what shipping options are available for what products ;
- If you offer several shipping options, your clients can split an order by shipping (e.g. "expedited" for small items, "eco" for a large mounted print) ;
- Computed shipping costs don't depend on order total value, or number of items - they are based on what the biggest item is, which is the most sensible way when selling prints, and the destination ;
- And naturally, you can apply taxes of your choice to your Shipping prices.
All of this is hightly customizable. But of course, if all you need is a couple of standard shipping prices, you can easily do that too...
To get started, logon your admin space and go to My Shop / Shipping. You'll also find a detailed help page as well as a tutorial!