On this page, the term “cookie” refers to any technical means to store data on a visitor’s computer for later retrieval.
On PhotoDeck’s own websites
- is_member and is_member_ts: used when the visitor is a PhotoDeck subscriber, in order to denote that the visitor is a PhotoDeck member and on what date they were latest identified as such, in order to optimize the website presentation. Does not contain personally identifiable data.
- pref_ series: used to record user interface preferences (e.g. website language).
www.photodeck.com is useable without cookies.
my.photodeck.com (members’ space, PhotoDeck service)The PhotoDeck service, accessible only to registered users, makes use of the following cookies:
- _ficelle_session : session cookie for authentication and security purposes ;
- NID: cookie that identifies which of the PhotoDeck servers the user is connected to ;
- other cookies used for performance: some information is stored in cookies instead of (or in addition to) the PhotoDeck database to provide for better performance when using the PhotoDeck service.
These cookies are mandatory in order to use the PhotoDeck service.
On members’ websites “powered by PhotoDeck”
This section is indicative and provided for convenience only. Please refer to the actual website owner for definitive details.Cookies used on websites powered by the PhotoDeck platform include:
- af : when a visitor reaches a member website through a member’s affiliate, an affiliate cookie to identify the PhotoDeck member’s affiliate ;
- Cookies used to facilitate key features of the website, e.g. cart and lightbox facilities ;
- _ficelle_session : Session cookie for authentication and security purposes for registered and and logged-in users ;
- For registered and logged-in users, other cookies used for performance: some information is stored in cookies instead of the database to provide for better performance when using the website ;
- Any other cookie that might be placed directly or indirectly by the member, for example through the integration of external services (Google Analytics or other statistics service, videos embedded from third-party services or other widget, etc…)
PhotoDeck-powered websites can be used without cookies, but with a limited feature set.